Opened 4 months ago
Segregate the different circumstances of Exempted for the AICIS Annual Report
|exposure draft rule change exempted circumstances
One of the 2024 changes proposed by AICIS is that the Annual Report should document which circumstances were used to derive Exempted categorisations.
Their real interest is discovering how many and which non-PID (Post Introduction Declaration) Exempted category introductions a company might have.
AICIS only require a PID for ...
- Very low risk Exempted
- Polymer of low concern (PLC)
- Bio-polymer of low concern (Bio-PLC).
They currently don't know how many of the other Exempted introductions are ...
- Exported - Chemical that is imported, not opened and subsequently exported
- Low volume R&D - Chemical (or nanoscale chemical) that is solely for use in research and development
- Comparable polymer - Introduction of a polymer that is comparable to a listed polymer
- Comparable chemical - Introduction of a chemical that is comparable to a listed chemical
- Surface treatment - Chemical resulting from non-functionalised surface treatment of listed chemical
This means we need to add extra fields either in the Summary table or a separate table linked to Summary. Probably the latter.
We will display the actual numbers detected in any year for the benefit of the user even though any non-zero value merely amounts to a tick in the relevant AICIS check-box.